Thursday, August 23, 2012

Random thoughts while traveling

1.   People annoy me no matter what state I'm in.
 
2.  People think they are much funnier than they really are.

3.  People lack consideration for other's time, peace of mind and ability to deal with their inconsideration.

4.  Rough women speak loudly and poorly about beautiful women.

5.  The airport I'm in United has 2 restaurants. The one I went to for a sandwich was really gross. Good thing I had beer and french fries to fill me up.

6.  I like to be alone, but I'm often lonely.

7.  The people I love the most are also the people that make me want to scream. 

8.  I miss my dog much more than I ever thought I would. 

9.  I worry about people that are suppose to guide my activities at work sometimes. Especially when I say, "I'm at the hotel" and the next question is, "are you home from work yet?". No, I'm still at the hotel.  I haven't master teleportation.....yet.     

10.  I find it interesting that people are continuously typing, texting and talking on their portable devices at the airport. I wonder if you made people work,on a daily basis, in airport waiting areas if they would be more productive.

11.  It seems to me that blondes are decreasing in number. I guess that makes genetic sense. 
I always thought it was strange that people wait in line to get into the airplane. Then I realized that airplanes do not have enough overhead luggage space. I saw a man tell another passenger that he couldn't move his small shopping bag in order to fit a normal size bag in the overhead  Please see thought number 3 for my opinion on inconsideration. 

12.  I've slept on numerous strange men's shoulders since I've been traveling on airplanes  I now request a window seat so I only slobber on the window or myself. 

13.  Hotel female bartenders have to be the nicest people I've met if I group by job function. I know they are working for tips, but I appreciate a smile and casual conversation so I don't feel like a total alcoholic drinking by myself since I will not text (I only text my kids and they are not very interested in me anyway) while I sit there. As Carrie on "Sex and the City" said, I was unprotected. Just me..no book, no laptop...just me."

14.  Went back to reading a book on the plane ride home called "How to Ruin Your Life By 30" by Steven Farrer. Here is the saying I like:

MY TWO CENTS
I couldn't agree with Josh more. 
Mark it down. 
Causes have effects. 
Actions have reactions. 
Choices have consequences. 
That will be the story of your life. 
This reminded me of what my mentor told me long ago. He said that my life would be a sum of my decisions. Hmmmm...  I better start to making better decisions. 

15.    I have an idea for airplanes. Since airplanes already have lights indicating that  passengers need to have their seat belts fastened I think flight attendants should also check to  make sure passengers have their shoes on!  PHEWWWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment