Monday, March 25, 2013

Dogs

I’ve mentioned in one of my Random Thoughts postings that I miss my dog terribly.  He died a year and a half ago.  I dream about him frequently and I had a funny dream recently about Dexter.  I should mention that I’ve always dreamt a great deal and I tend to remember my dreams.

So in my dream I was playing with my beloved golden retriever, Dexter, and my family came up to me to see what I was doing.  When they saw Dexter they asked me where he came from and when I explained to them that I went back in time to get Dexter when he was healthy (without arthritis and cancer) and brought him back.  My family was thrilled.  They all said, “That’s great” as  they greeted Dexter, petted, played with him while he munched on his doggie treats and wagged his tail.  They were so excited for me to have my pal back.  I took Dexter with me many places and on hot summer evenings I said, “Come on Dexter.  Let’s go outside and drink a beer.”  He’d follow and lay at my feet while I drank beer and he ate his organic apple treat.
When I was reflecting back on the dream I thought it was funny that not only was my family exceptionally happy to see Dexter, but they didn’t blink an eye when I said I traveled back in time.  There wasn’t any question that I was able to time travel and they didn’t ask why I didn’t stop horrible things from happening while I was gathering my dog.  Everyone was just happy that I had my Dexter back and I was happy.  It was a nice dream.

Dexter, as a puppy, with a bunch of children giving him love.

No comments:

Post a Comment