Thursday, January 31, 2013

Men-ipulation, A memoir of Addiction and Recovery by Denise Domning and Monica Sarli










2 Stars


I’m a big fan of underdog stories.  I’m anxious when the story begins to see how downtrodden the main character is while I silently think about how grateful I am that I’m not in the same position.  I get excited when the underdog begins his upward movement towards victory.  The turning point is the POINT of an underdog story and it was lost in this book. 
Monica’s story started out well.  I felt anxious as I was trying to figure out how she and her husband were going to make it out of the hell hole they were in.  By the time Monica had recovered I realized that the turning point passed me by. 
I did like the main characters.  I wanted Monica to succeed and Steve’s parents to be proud of their son and I wanted Steve to be ok.  I wanted them to live a happy prosperous life, but at the end, I just felt blah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment