Friday, October 5, 2012

Trinity Game by Sean Chercover






    3 stars
This book sounded interesting to me right from the start.  As I’ve grown older I’ve become increasingly interested in Christian claims and truths.  My main conflict with most groups is there is always an outsider and I wanted to see if The Trinity Games addressed any of human flaws of the Catholic Church.  I’m not sure why I thought that this book was the answer to all of my many questions.
Daniel Byrne works for the Devil’s Advocate, a secret organization within the Vatican.  OOOO, now you are talking.  Daniel is looking for a miracle; literally, looking for miracles.  Though his 10-year search has taken him across the world he has not validated one miracle.  It is suggested to Daniel that perhaps he needs to work on his faith.  That maybe the reason he researches miracles is because he is looking for proof that God exists.  Of course this is going to change now that his next case is investigating his uncle, an TV evangelist. 
Daniel was raise by his uncle, Tim Trinity, and ran away in his teens because Tim is a fraud.  Tim doesn’t believe, never did believe.  Now he is talking in tongues and predicting the future…accurately.  This makes Tim very unpopular and the action begins.  During the course of the book trust is broken, new relationships develop and we are told that God only has one rule, “Treat others as you would like to be treated.”  Didn’t we learn that in kindergarten?
It wasn’t what I expected and began to become predictable as the book progressed, but not a bad read and was entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment